OLDER EVENTS 2015
- the 17th at 1 p.m. XXI Century space. Opening of the temporary exhibition The dream of progress. Photographic collection of Catalonia Railway Museum. The exhibition takes us through the most significant and unprecedented this fund and Museum presents the work and the process of cataloguing, arrangement and management of this magnificent collection images. Open access. (The exhibition will remain at the Museum of July 17, 2015 to January 10, 2016)
- the 23rd at 1 p.m., Talgo Space. Official visit of the officials of the company Patentes Talgo. Last March this new space of the Museum was opened, with its creation is to highlight the innovative and avant-garde role of Spanish Patentes Talgo technology in the design and manufacture of passenger trains and long distance railway equipment. The Catalonia Railway Museum collection has more important Talgo cars there and now can visit and learn at the same time achieved major technological events along the evolution of the company.
- 27th from 8 p.m. 9.30 p.m. Bridge Crane Sale. COMPEX CONCERT Show palyback. Music and performances by people of collective COMPEX for the Festa Major of Vilanova. Free admission to cover the seats.
- the 31st from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Gymkhana of Festa Major . With this treasure hunt, the Pabordes of Festa Major 2015 proposal all participants will have access to the facilities of the museum and get a test.
- The 3rd at 12 p.m. At the Roundabout of Musem. Children’s activity. A fairy tale Representation by Montse Panero. It is the first year that the activity proposed in the Festa Major of Vilanova, which opens at the Museum to celebrate its 25th anniversary. Free entrance.
- The 3rd at 8:30 p.m. Bridge Crane Sale. The4men quartet’s concert, for those who do not know them as they define themselves: a funny vocal quartet, which liven us the exact day that marks the 25th anniversary of the opening of the Museum. The Catalonia Railway Museum opened its doors 25 years ago, between 3 and August 5, 1990 by the Festa Major. That’s why this year the Feast of Vilanova will have train sound and aroma. The 2015 Pabordes wanted to join the congratulations of this celebration of the museum and have established a fruitful collaboration with their people for some events of the Festival can enjoy the spaces of the Museum with trains as spectators and players.
- The 6th at 6p.m. Bridge Crane Sale. Reception and official visit to the participants in the International Congress of Interaction HCI (Human Computer Interaction), organized this year by the Campus of the UPC in Vilanova, with the Museum as a partner.
- The 8th at 12 p.m., ShowRoom Sale. Introducing the new edition of children’s catalogue of museum. Open access. A copy will be given away to all attendees teachers.
- The 29th at 6 p.m, ShowRoom Sale. Women and Railway Conference, by Jordi Font-Agusti (Badalona, 1955). Engineer and writer. He has published, among others, the novel Murder at the Polytechnic (1993) Strength of the River (1996), Undertow (Award The reader of the Odyssey 2000) Traffickers legends (International Award of science fiction UPC 2003) and Steam fever (Pedrolo Award 2010). He has taught courses on the presence of techno science in art. He co-directed the Solaris collection of stories youth scientific techno theme and coordinated the volume between fear and hope. Perceptions of techno science in literature and film (2002). Amateur rail, has pronounced several conferences on the railroad in literature, film and the visual arts. He collaborates in the Via Libre magazine section straight and has a bloc called “Art and Railway”.
- Sunday 11th: open during the afternoon, from 4 to 6.30 pm.
- Monday 12th: open during the morning, from 10.30am to 2.30pm.
- Saturday 17th: special turning on of the Mataró locomotive, at the museum rotunda, from 12.30am to 2pm. All visitors with museum ticket are welcomed to visit the “TREN BLAU” (blue train) of the “Zaragoza Railway Friends Association”, which will be visiting Vilanova that day to celebrate the museum 25th anniversary.
- Friday 23rd: Assessment Committee meeting and presentation of the Vilanova’s UPC 6th Railway systems and electric traction master. At 12am, at crane industrial unit.
- Wednesday 28th: 167th First train arrival Anniversary (Barcelona-Mataró 1848). Open doors day, with visits to the “Century train” passengers coaches and a special documentary inside a “type J” goods wagon.
- Sunday 15th: open doors day, on the occasion of the Science Week.
- From Tuesday 17th to Friday 20th: The museum will hold several Science Week activities. The Garraf Pedagogical Resource Centre, the UPC campus and the Catalonia Railway Museum are working together to offer a specific ESO and Hight School program. It will be available to online check in a further date.
- Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th: Christmas market, with special opening hours and surprises for kids and grownups
- Saturday 19th: 15th Iron Road Awards. This year we do a special thanks to all the cooperators and to celebrate the Museum 25th anniversary. At 12am.